Monday, November 17, 2008

Quantom of Solace

Chris and I really love Jame Bond, in fact we own every one of the movies. So I was really really surprised that we did not totally love Quantum of Solace. It was okay, I thought they plot was weak, of course the special effects were great. And as always Daniel Craig was yummy. I don't know that I like James Bond so angry! I went online to read a a little bit about how they chose Daniel Craig as the next Bond and I read this that I thought was interesting. "Critic Paul Arendt of BBC Films,[10] Kim Newman of Empire[11] and Todd Carty of Variety[12] all described Craig as the first actor to truly embody the original James Bond from Ian Fleming's novels: "ironic, brutal, and cold". Maybe now we are seeing James Bond they way Ian Fleming saw him? I will have to read the books and see for myself! I want to know what you think.

4 comments:

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

Okay, so last weekend was Jeremy's choice; hence, we saw this movie (next week...Twilight...talk about yummy!!!). Anyway, not really my type of movie, so I wasn't surprised that I was disappointed. But, it was Jeremy's type, and he, nor his friend, cared for it either. I got the same feedback from a co-worker as well.

Julie J. said...

I've never been a 007 fan. So I probably won't see this one util I can get it from red box. But I have been hearing a lot of the same, disappointment and that this one seems darker than the rest. I too have thought about reading the books though.

mama C said...

I totally agree- I love the "I am soo cool and can kill you and seduce all the beautiful women" James Bond back. But yes I also think that Daniel Craig is too yummy, just needs to let go of his angry face. I hope your cute little family is feeling better.

Heather said...

I haven't seen it yet, but definitely will, because we are big 007 fans. Hope Mya is feeling better. And way to go - you were the first out of the "rat race!"