Wednesday, August 27, 2008

She Sits

We have had a crazy week. Thomas starting school, Mya having a week long asthma attack that I did not recognize, and now she sits. A couple of times yesterday and then today she was sitting up when I knew moments earlier she had been crawling around. Finally I saw the sit in action. She gets up on her hands and knees, then rocks for a second, then carefully leans back and settles on one bum cheek, then pulls herself upright, TA DA!! Thomas and I cheered and clapped for her, she gave us her toothy grin and clapped too. I don't know if she was just mimicking us or maybe she was proud of herself as well. It is a good day!

4 comments:

Julie J. said...

Tell her to stop growing up right now!

emily j said...

so proud of you all!

Will and Chelsea said...

Hooray for Mya!

Ines said...

Another milestone. Don't you just love it?