Monday, August 25, 2008

Thomas's First Day of School

Aagh! I cannot believe Thomas started Kindergarten. You may be wondering why there is no first day of school picture on this post. I made sure to find the camera last night, however I did not bother to check to see if it was charged. We went outside this morning to take pictures and the camera was DEAD! I set the camera and the bag on the trunk of the car and off to school we went. Thomas wanted to ride his bike, so me and some other Moms walked our little ones to school. Thank goodness Lacey had her camera so some pictures were taken, we just have to get then shared. So we took our little ones to school and came home. I jumped in the car and headed to the gym. A little while later a man came in and said, I found this camera on someones car, does it belong to someone in here. It was my camera, I was totally in shock that it made it. Very Grateful Though! I was however lamenting the fact that the camera bag was lost with the extra lens and charger, and cord, etc. I drove home carefully looking all along the way. I did not see it, but as I was getting out, my neighbor came over and asked if I lost my camera bag. It had fallen off right in front of their house. Thank goodness for little miracles. And for the record Thomas had a great day. He told me sitting on carpet was good, going into the hall to see where the bathrooms was good, the teacher telling us to be quiet was good. He said he made new friends but could not remember their names. Right after school one of Thomas's friends said to his Mom, "I didn't learn how to read today", and he sounded really sad. I love that these sweet little kids want to learn and are so excited to go to school. All is well.

7 comments:

Julie J. said...

I'm glad to hear his first day went well. He's such a sweetheart. I'm glad your camera is good too.

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

I can't believe he's so big! Time goes by so fast! Good job, Thomas! We are so proud of you!

Rachel said...

That sounds like something I would do. That's great that your camera was safe.

Jen said...

Yeah for Thomas and for the nice people who returned your camera and camera bag! Can't wait to see a picture of him on his first day.

Annie said...

This morning I kept thinking wow-- Thomas is in kindergarten and wondering how it was going. Seems like yesterday that Chris started kindergarten. You are SO lucky that you got your camera & bag back.

Emily said...

I can't believe your camera made it! I'm excited to see pictures of Thomas too!

Ines said...

I can't believe that camera story. You were very blessed. It was fun seeing you guys at school. I saw Thomas again today, and he looked just as excited as yesterday. We have a great school!