Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Official Decree





What an exciting day for our family. We had court first thing this morning, now Mya's adoption is official. I had talked to Thomas about how court would be, with the Judge and his robe and gavel, the deputies with their guns, etc. I just did not want him to be surprised. It turns out I made him nervous instead. However as soon as we stepped through the door, the first deputy gave him a sticker deputy badge, and he was fine. He answered the Judge when he asked him questions and was very sweet. We are so happy to know that Mya is ours now, and we are looking forward to tomorrow when she will be ours forever. I am overwhelmed by what I am feeling. Last night Chris's Mom Annie had us come up for dinner and to have a video conference call with Uncle Jeremy and Aunt Jamie. Annie told us they were on the computer so as we went into the room with the camera, to our surprise Jeremy & Jamie were there. We are so glad that they could be here. Judge Lynn Davis took care of our adoption, we requested him, and he happily obliged us. He was Chris's families home teacher when they lived in Provo and it was special to have him make us official. Mya was sweet too, she kept trying to take our attorney's pen, the whole time. It was hilarious! She also looks fabulous with a gavel and robes. Perhaps one day Mya will be a judge!

3 comments:

Ines said...

I'm crying as I'm writing this. Mya is so lucky to have you guys as her parents and Thomas as her big brother. And tomorrow will be even more special. How exciting! I'm so very happy for you!

Jen said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you, Chris, and Thomas. What a relief to have it all over with. I can't wait to meet her some day.

Will and Chelsea said...

I am SO happy for the Joyal fam and your sweet baby Mya who completely belongs to your family! She is so beautiful!