Wednesday, July 23, 2008

July 3, 2008 Together Forever




What a crazy day. I lost my mind this day. We were supposed to be at the temple at 9:00am. We left the house at 9:20am. Once there I realized I had left the adoption decree and Mya's clothes at home. Thank goodness Grandma & Grandpa had not left yet. They stopped at our house and picked everything up. We went into the records office and we had not filled out our family group history form. I was so throughly out of my mind that I could not remember anything that was important. Chris managed to pry everything out of my head that was necessary. We went back to change and honestly I could not even get dressed by myself. My sweet temple helper said she understood, once one thing goes wrong it's hard to get back on track. Well to make it short all is well, Mya is now sealed to us and it was a beautiful day. I imagined us all walking together reverently into the temple. Turns out we sort of staggered in, Thomas marching right up to the doors and going in first! He has been wanting to get into the temple for as long as I can remember. It was sweet to see him with all his 5 year old confidence go marching right in. I hope I can always remember seeing my sweet family dressed in white in that beautiful room. I am so thankful for our family and friends that came to share our experience.

3 comments:

Ines said...

I'm so glad that I got so share that special experience with you. She looked so beautiful and now she's eternally yours. Congratulations!

Cheryl said...

That sounds about typical for a REALLY IMPORTANT day. Most of the normal days go just fine, right? I never would have known that everything went crazy if you hadn't said so because when it was crunch time everything was put together and all was well!

Heather said...

So happy to have been there with you guys! Your blog is great and I will add you to my page, now that I am a "blogger," too! :)