Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Nine Months

Around the first of the year 2007 I was feeling like it was time to do something about the size of our family. We have been working on this that traditional way for 10 years with limited success. In 10 years I had managed to get pregnant twice losing our first sweet daughter Addison at 21 weeks gestation. The second pregnancy resulted in what we refer to as the blond beast. We love the beast a lot. We decided to review our thoughts about adoption. We had twice started the adoption plan with family services, twice found out we were pregnant. I sort if thought this was our magic pill if you will. I attended an orientation at LDS Family Services in February along with my pal Julie. By the end of April we paid our retainer to get our Home Study started. Two weeks later we went to our first adoption class where they told us they only had a 10% placement rate, that only one couple out of the 10 in our paticular class would receive a baby. AAGH!!!!!!!!! What a disappointment. Never the less we persevered and continued the process. Several months later October 2007 we were still not approved at Family Services. I cannot believe the paper work they have required. We decided to apply with a new agency. I had all the paper work filled out in like one hour for the new agency. We sent the application along with a another retainer on October 18, 2007. They began showing our profile immediately. We got the call December 29 to go get our baby girl. On January 2, 2008 we had our little girl home. It was kind of ironic to me that our little girl took 9 months from our initial application for adoption. We feel very blessed. And the blond beast is starting to appreciate the stinky beast. We are still nervous as this adoption is not final yet. We have to wait until July to apply for placement and we have already had some bumps. So far all is well!

4 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so happy you have a little girl now! I saw the pictures my mom took of her and she is so beautiful!! I can't wait to meet her! I'm also glad to see you have a blog. I've had one for a while, and you can check it out if you want to. It's private though, which means you must be invited and log on to view it. I need to send you an invitation by e-mail, but I don't know your e-mail address. You can send your e-mail address to: emsharp8@gmail.com That way I can invite you to my blog. Now, let's see some pictures!

Matthew Johnson said...

Wooo hooo! Alright Melissa! Two posts in one day, that is above and beyond. I am going to be on of your daily readers you know.

Julie J. said...

OOPs, that last comment is from me, not Matt. Sorry, he was still signed in and I didn't notice.

annie & grant said...

hey, you should tell the grandma that you have a blog. can i put on it those cute pictures of the beasts from a couple of weeks ago? i'm excited that you're going to do this blog!