Saturday, October 18, 2008

Nephrocalcinosis

Thomas does not have kidney stones, rather nephrocalcinosis. If you google nephrocalcinosis you will be alarmed at what it can mean. It is a symptom for several not so nice diseases. However, the urologist said since he does not have an increase in calcium in his urine it will just need to be monitored with yearly renal ultrasounds and monthly urinalysis. If the blood in his urine does not go away when the voiding dysfuction is under control they will do some more testing. So for the time being there is no cause for alarm, rather cautious observation.

5 comments:

Kamille said...

Oh my what a whirlwind. Hope things will be getting better now that you know what's going on. Sorry for the rough times.

Julie J. said...

Poor little guy.

Heather said...

We will be crossing our fingers for you too. Parenthood can be so scary can't it? I read this quote the other day and I know you can totally relate,
"Making the decision to have a child is momentous...it is to forever decide to have your heart go walking around outside of your body."
You are such a great mom. I know he will be WELL taken care of.

Will and Chelsea said...

I agree with all of the above. Thomas is lucky to have parents like you and Chris. I'll definately be keeping Thomas is my prayers and I have no doubt that all will turn out well!

Ines said...

I just love the quote Heather commented about. It is so true! Hope things go well. I know first hand how devastating a diagnosis like that can be and all I can say is that God does love His children, and things always have a way of working out. Be optimistic and have faith!